Okay, the Kazakhstan Ministry of Education changed the date on which I can start the "bonding period" at the baby house -- now I am supposed to show up there on July 9th (perhaps they didn't like the joke about "loss of independence day" in the last posting). My flight plans have been changed so that I leave from JFK on the evening of July 6th and after a long lay-over in Heathrow, I arrive in Almaty, Kazakhstan early in the morning on the 8th. Later that day, I will fly from Almaty to Karaganda. The next day, then, will be the first day I will visit the Malutka Baby House in Karaganda.
The delayed departure from the U.S. meant that Katerina (from Panorama Travel) was able to get me an aisle seat from JFK to Heathrow (I had been booked in a middle seat on the July 1st flight). Those of you who have traveled on long flights with me know my strategy -- drink lots of water, get up to use the restroom frequently -- which is much easier to put into effect when I have an aisle seat.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment