The two questions I get from other people who understand the world of international adoption are:
-- are you traveling blind?
-- are you traveling alone?
Yes to both -- I am traveling blind and alone.
"Traveling blind" is the term used to describe adoption processes where adoptive parents travel to the country to meet with several children and choose one child to adopt. The alternative is to travel to a country after receiving "a referral" -- photos and medical information of one child designated for you to adopt.
Some single adoptive parents bring along friends or family when they travel to the orphanage. I have chosen to travel alone (not that many people have been jumping up and down begging me to take them with me to experience summer on the steppes of Kazakhstan), but know that I have many people "virtually" beside me who will be following along on this blog and through e-mail.
Keep those questions coming...
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cindy , great news , life is all about choices , I hope all goes well in the coming weeks as you travel to europe . if your plan s or travels through london change , your more then welcome to come stay with us.will be keeping an eye on your blog -
ReplyDeleteCindy, Sounds like you are ready to go. I will be following your adevnture on your blog. Wishing you the best!!!
ReplyDeleteyou will have such a great time. I will be reading every day. Have a great time and enjoy
ReplyDeleteYou're leaving on my birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteCindy, congratulations. I can't wait to hear about your experiences and your new child.
ReplyDeleteI hope I will be joining you in Kaz soon. All my best!
Terri
Cindy,
ReplyDeleteWe wish you a wonderful journey as we had adopting our 2 children from Shapagat/Malytka in Karaganda through CAH. When you meet your child, you'll just know it. Keep an eye on Caden for us. He leaves for his journey home on Sunday July 15. Tell him we miss him!
Colleen, Chris, Chloe and Caden