Friday, July 6, 2007

boy or girl?

While I have remained steadfast in being open to adopting either a boy or a girl, others have expressed strong opinions about which gender the child should be.


The strongest proponent for a boy is Madi (next to me in the photo to the left). Some might worry that she had unfair influence -- she made me a wonderful dinner last evening when I stayed overnight at the Hotel Lionni Guss and was also the last person to hug me goodbye before I got in a cab and came out here to JFK Airport this afternoon.



All the girls of Andes, NY (pictured at left) are cheering for a girl. Sally Davis has made a good case for adoption of a girl and Madi may be concerned because I spoke to Sally from JFK Airport to discuss parenting choices.


I am very aware of the fact that in just a few days, some of my younger friends (aka potential babysitters) will be disappointed and some will be doing the victory dance. I'm sure, though, that after the initial reaction subsides, they will all be the best big brothers or sisters any child could wish for!

Okay, I need to board my flight to Heathrow now...

No comments:

Post a Comment