Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I had a tough time figuring out which clothes to pack for Arman (wish I had room for all this stuff in my bag), but finally settled on a mix of onesies, long pants, shorts, t-shirts, and socks (oh those tiny little socks are sooooo cute). My guess is that he will prefer the green onesie that says "Ithaca is Gorges" or the one from Deb that says "Don't wake me, I'll wake you" or the one from my mom and dad that has jumping frogs all over it...
Packing clothes for me was just as difficult, but for different reasons. I have a new set of criteria for the ideal clothes -- I call the style "international adoption baby camouflage":
-- must not show spit up and dried baby food;
-- can be washed in a hotel sink and air dry quickly;
-- should look presentable even after wearing it for several days in a row;
-- coordinate well with the Baby Bjorn front pack for carrying Arman;
-- "hide" the money belt I'll be wearing.
Unfortunately, the fact that most of my clothes are black made it difficult to pack for this one-week trip to Almaty. But it is Saturday evening and I've managed to finish packing one bag to be checked (and it is only 35 pounds!). I'm almost ready to leave tomorrow...

No comments:
Post a Comment