Sunday, July 8, 2007

Almaty!


Yes! I did get to sleep comfortably from London to Almaty (with a stop for re-fueling in Ekaterinberg, Russia). Bolat met me at the airport and took me to the Hotel Almaty where I could shower and rest until the evening flight to Karaganda (and get tenge from the ATM in the hotel lobby).

I had a wonderful lunch with Bob and Radima (pictured at left). I am fortunate that Rosemary Stasek introduced me to Bob (she met him when he was working in Afghanistan) via e-mail a few months ago. He and Radima gave me a good introduction to Almaty; I can't wait to see more when I go back through there at the end of my trip.

Note to Cisco colleagues: you should be selling Connected Real Estate solutions in Almaty -- there is lots of new construction going on! Bob would be a good contact; let me know if you'd like me to make an e-mail introduction.

Okay, off to Karaganda...

No comments:

Post a Comment