Friday, July 27, 2007

It's official: Arman Jonathan Froggatt



Sometime before 4 and 5 this afternoon (Karaganda time – GMT+5), the judge granted my request to adopt Arman, to change last name and middle name so that his full name would be Arman Jonathan Froggatt, to leave his date of birth and place of birth unchanged, and to put my name as “name of mother” in the birth registry! Oh happy day…

By my estimation, we are about half way through the process. There is now a 15-waiting period when someone could object to the adoption. When that is over, papers will be filed to get Arman a new birth certificate and his Kazakhstani passport. Once we have those documents, we can go to Almaty to fulfill all the requirements of the U.S. embassy.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Cindy!!
    I`m Yolanda, single like you from Spain, and i know you and Arman in Shapogat, Karaganda, I´knows Pam and Emily too in August, do you remember me? I´m Luna`s mother!! I`m very happy with my baby like you...
    I`m sorry for my english...it´s very bad!!!
    Kisses for you and Arman, from Luna and me!!!

    ReplyDelete