Saturday, July 21, 2007

he likes Elvis!

 
For the past two days, Arman has been, well, miserable (see photo at left of one his very kind caregivers in Room 3). He's had a fever off and on, an earache, diaper rash, a bit of pink eye, an infected bug bite on his head, and he's been drooling/biting on two fingers to deal with his teething. Today, his caregivers asked me to keep him near or in his crib and to help him sleep when I wasn't feeding him. I found he quite likes it when I sing Elvis Presley songs to him, especially "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You." I know, I know, it is hard to believe that anyone could LIKE my singing, but he really doesn't seem to mind. Of course, he does have cotton stuffed in one ear so maybe he can't really hear my singing? He seemed much better when I left at 6 today. I'm hoping he feels much better tomorrow.
 
While Arman was sleeping, I filled out some paperwork (guided here by Lena, Natasha's sister). Lena also prepped me for the Ministry of Education interview that will happen sometime this coming week. This interview must happen (and go well) before the court date when I will formally ask to be allowed to adopt Arman.
 
Starting tomorrow, Pam (pictured here with husband Mark and daughter Emily) and I will be the only adoptive parents visiting children at the baby house. She will be here for about another two weeks before traveling to Almaty with Emily to finalize her adoption at the U.S. consulate (Mark leaves this evening to return to the U.S.). Since there is only one visit on Sundays (from 10 'til noon), Pam and I have made BIG plans. We're going to the apartment where she is staying downtown to do my laundry in her washing machine (so far, I've just been washing things by hand in my hotel room).

The really big news is that the cable is working again at the hotel (it went out last Sunday evening during a big thunder storm) so I can watch the BBC again (the only channel in English). I'm disappointed that I had only watched 2 parts of the 3 part series on Tony Blair before the cable went out. I don't think they are showing the series anymore. Oh well, I know the ending anyway!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment