Wednesday, July 11, 2007

dva piva

 
 

Wednesday evening: I had a big night out in downtown Karaganda! I even had a chance to use a little of the russian I learned through the Pimsleur system -- "dva piva" which means "two beers." No, both beers were not for me. One was for Corey: pictured here with her husband, Erik, and daughter, Siena (adopted from Almaty a few years ago). They've been in Karaganda since early June to adopt a baby boy from the other orphanage in town. After e-mailing back and forth for the past few months, it was wonderful to finally meet them. They really know their way around, gave me lots of good information, and helped me negotiate my first cab ride back to my hotel after dinner (Chris and Colleen -- got it for 400 tenge - thanks for the advice).

Right across from where we ate dinner in the park, there's a really cool trampoline set up (see photo of left). The only thing that kept me from jumping right on it was the fact that I was wearing a dress! Can't wait to go back again in shorts.

Now if Sally would explain to me how she got that cyrillic alphabet into her posted comments (see comments under "Arman flirts", I could make my blog even more exciting!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2007

    I typed the words in to Google translator. я имею умных или что?

    ReplyDelete