Here's the deal: I don't have a new good photo of Arman to post today. Soooooo, I will use today to launch a new feature of this adoption blog. My challenge to the loyal blog readers is to find and post information about Kazakhstan. Now, I know there are several people out there who have traveled to Kazakhstan at least once, carefully researched the country, and could post whole web sites or wikipedia entries about Kazakhstan. Therefore, I am asking that you limit your post to ONE interesting fact that is followed-up with an explanation of WHY this is one of your favorite facts.
I'll start...
My favorite description of Kazakhstan is that it is four times the size of Texas. I like this fact because:
a) two of my favorite friends, Mary and Sally, live in Austin, Texas most of the year;
b) my favorite dog in the entire world, Pinkey, lives there most of year;
c) two of my favorite adoptees, Teagan and Emmy, were born in Texas and adopted from there by their parents who live in New York (and due to Texas' independent streak, I think these adoptions could be considered international adoptions!).
Okay, now it is your turn...
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Cindy and blog readers! I just returned from Kazakhstan and am in the agonizing waiting period for our adoption to be finalized. As such, I have some very recent memories of Kazakhstan. My favorite fact about Kazakhstan is that they sell whole, pre-prepared ice cream cones in the freezer sections of the markets. They are sealed in packaging -- and available just like you'd buy an ice cream sandwich or popsicle here in the states. (Kind of like a "Nutty Buddy" -- but more like a regular ice cream cone you'd buy at an ice cream parlor). Yum! - Susan
ReplyDeleteNursultan Nazerbayev won the presidential election by 97%. He is originally from Karaganda. Karaganda was initially going to be the new capital and so they built the international airport. However they chose Astana. Hope all is goig well and you definately seem to be enjoying your time there.
ReplyDeleteDeb, Jay, & Sean
Hi - I just found your blog and I'm enjoying it. We are in the "waiting" stage (our dossier's been with the consulate for 7 weeks now). Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteTo me, what I love about Kazakhstan is just a feeling. I can't seem to find a fact when I try to think of one, all I get is a feeling! I just love it.
ReplyDelete