Tuesday, July 10, 2007

mothers


Let me start by saying happy birthday to Sally Davis, born 15 years ago today! And kudos to Mary Davis who has been a wonderful mom to Sally even before July 10, 1992.

Many thanks to those of you who have asked about how my mom is doing. Some of you know that she had a heart attack on the evening of July 1st (which explains why I was not posting to the blog last week -- I was down in Philly visiting with her in the hospital). On Monday, during a cardiac catheterization procedure, she had another heart attack and they discovered a significant blockage. She was moved from Holy Redeemer to Temple University Hospital where she will undergo bypass surgery today (Tuesday). Please keep her in your thoughts...

On the other side of the world, I will return to the orphanage today for two visits with Arman -- from 10-noon and then again from 4-6 pm. Yesterday afternoon, I was trusted to feed him cereal (seems like rice cereal?) and a bottle. What will today bring? The photo on this post is from Monday - shortly after I met him and heard about his birth and health history.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. What hotel are you staying at? He is a doll.

    ReplyDelete