Tuesday, July 17, 2007

not-so-good news, good news, even better news

 

 


The not-so-good news: Arman had a fever this afternoon; upon closer examination, it turns out he has a bit of an earache, a slightly red throat, and maybe a slight case of pink eye. But, and I'm sure this is what you are dying to hear about, he "has good poop" (that's how it gets translated to me). Poor little guy just slept in my arms for part of the visit.

The good news: the caregivers in Room 3 and the doctor take very good care of him. They are very responsive to me and very attentive to Arman. I knew he was in very good hands when I left him this evening. I'm sure he'll be feeling much better tomorrow morning when I see him again.

The even better news: I finally have a sense for when Arman has a fever (he was running a slight fever off and on last week). I thought he felt hot while I was playing with him, asked to have his temperature taken, and sure enough, he had a fever. He's such an easy-going baby that I've been concerned that once we leave for the U.S., I might not know when he isn't feeling well and needs medicine. Now I feel a bit more confident that I will be able to take care of Arman...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, just found your blog. My husband and I are in the "waiting" phase (7 weeks our dossiers been with the embassy). Thank you for sharing. He is a cutie! You look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same issue with Chloe. She never acts sick, even when she's had 104 fever! She currently has pink eye in both eyes, a sinus infection and an ear infection and she is acting like she normally does.

    Have you seen Caden? He was supposed to leave there Sunday to come home but we havent heard a single word!!!

    ReplyDelete