Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday afternoon with other adoptive parents

 
 
 
 

Fantasy World, lunch/dinner, people-watching, bowling, shopping, supper, internet café – just another Sunday afternoon in downtown Karaganda…
There are 5 other families who are adopting children from the baby house formerly known as Malutka (3 couples are from the States, two from Spain). Some of them are pictured here. We also met up with the Halls again (they are adopting from the other baby house in town). It was a beautiful day (except for some rain, but this allowed Siena to shop for umbrellas so that was fun). This time, all on my own, I negotiated for a cab ride back to my hotel (everyone else is staying downtown in apartments) – I am feeling much more comfortable here now.
Of the group, I have been here for the shortest time (just one week); I am grateful to these other parents who are teaching me what they’ve learned about the orphanage and Karaganda. It is really nice to have their company during the visiting hours. I am also appreciative of the advice I am receiving from adoptive parents who have come before me and are now communicating with me via e-mail.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh fantasy world. Next Sunday go to Rainbow for brunch...i9t is soo yummy. I think it starts at 11. you should also hit Linebrew and the open air market.

    ReplyDelete