
While you were sleeping, at about 10 am on July 9th in Karaganda, Kazakhstan, I fell in love at first sight with a seven-month-old baby boy named Arman. He was born on December 1, 2006 and came to live at the orphanage on December 11, 2006. At birth, he weighed 3 kilograms 50 grams and was 51 centimeters long. As of July 1st (his seven-month birthday), he weighed 6 kilograms 100 grams and was 66 centimeters long.
He is all smiles (you’ll see many more photos of him in the coming days) and quite a happy, energetic baby. If I had any doubts about whether he is the child I am meant to raise, he erased them by throwing up all over my dress mid-way through our first two-hour visit (I won’t embarrass a certain someone by explaining publicly why I interpreted this as a good sign, but some of you will understand).
I am back at the hotel now and will return for the second visit of the day at 4 pm this afternoon. More later…
(oh yeah, I’m thinking he’ll keep the name Arman. What do you think?)
Congratulations on finding your son! He is so handsome - can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about him!
ReplyDeletePam Baldwin
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThrilled for you, and the male population in Andes. He is darling, and the name is fitting.
ReplyDeleteKaran
Cindy and Arman,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finding each other. We told you it would work that way. And you were worried! What a cutie he is and what a nice couple you make!
By the way, what room is he in?
We are also glad you got there ok. We are jealous that you got 3 seats across. Our butts still hurt from our trip home.
We have been thinking about you and your mom. How is she?
Our luggage finally arrived today, 9 days after coming home from Kaz. Still waiting for the stroller to show up though.
How is the weather?
10 days and counting for Caden. He should leave Shapagat orphanage this coming Sunday to go to Almaty then will leave to come home next wed.
CS4
He's so beautiful! (such bright eyes). Julia's still pushing for a girl, but we're all thrilled you connected so quickly. Hope you're adjusting well to the locale. Can't wait to hear and see more.
ReplyDeletePS - I think the name's fine
>.<
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is beautiful and I am so happy for the 2 of you. It sounds like the process has gone so smoothly. All my best and I can't wait to hear updates.
ReplyDeleteTerri
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHopefully we'll get together soon.
:)